Sunday, March 06, 2011

Back to Penang (Part Three)

6th February 2011

the room hotel

I have to wake up very early this day. My husband had to leave the hotel very early to catch the airplane. 

I got my breakfast alone. My aunt and my uncle (they are already like my parent's brother and sisters when we lived in Penang 15 years ago so I feel the same....) picked me up.



My uncle Ahmad is a Malaysian who married an Indonesia, Auntie Suryani, and she is now already a Malaysian citizen. They met while Uncle Ahmad was studying at University of Gadjah Mada. Both are lecturer at Universiti Sains Malaysia.


After breakfasting with real Malaysian chanay, and other food in the hotel, I ate chapati at the Pasar Taman Tun Sardon. I bought Malaysian cookings stuff at the wet market, like the curry powder and such...

(as I did not take my own picture, I took the pictures of the market from http://burnqis.blogspot.com/2010_12_01_archive.html)

I ate their chapati

The Market called Taman Tun Sardon. Sardon may be Sardono, a Javanese who born in Malaysia.

I ate their serabai too. Or serabi in Bahasa Indonesia. 

Then, I went to Sharifah's house. She is a very successful businesswoman now, and her husband is very nice too. Although they are very rich, but they are very humble and friendly people. I feel blessed that I met these wonderful couple.

On that day we have an appointment with Cheng Keat and Nattrah. We met and had lunch at a good and simple kedai own by our schoolmate's parent, Sharifah's aunt and uncle.

Oo Cheng Keat is now a successful lecturer at a famous university in Malaysia. He shared to us his noteworthy life story even about the schooldays that we did not know.

Nattrah also shared her fruitful story to me. About her dad, that is so nice to me too, that passed away a few years ago. Oh, I miss pakcik Zaine now, and makcik Zaine, especially her tasty delicious Keropok Basah.

I only hope that  Cheng Keat will find his "jodoh" soon. Hehehehe.. Amiin Amiin...







Cheng Keat, me, Sharifah, and Nattrah.

The food of our lunch were delicious.

But our meeting was even more precious.



Me and Nattrah Family. She has two beautiful daughters now and very nice husband. 

I was very happy to meet her.

Nattrah even cry when have to leave the restaurant.

Nattrah was a very good friend to me and is always be.

She was my company in the school bus for almost 4 years with Kelly Teh too.

I feel very very blessed to meet her again. And I wish I can meet her again!!!


I do not want to say good bye to you, Nattrah!!!
It breaks my heart if I say that.



Summer. When the day is over
there’s a heart a little colder;

someone said goodbye,
but you don’t know why.
Somewhere there is someone keeping
All the tears they have been weeping,
Someone said goodbye,
But you don’t know why.

Is there a reason
Why a broken heart begins to cry?
Is there a reason
You were lost although you don’t know why?
Give me a reason
Why you never want to say goodbye.
If there’s a reason,
I don’t know why.
 Always looking for meaning,
All the time you keep believing,
But I don’t know why
You won’t say goodbye.
 Even when the sun is shining
You don’t see the silver lining,
But I don’t know why
You won’t say goodbye.
 Is there a reason
Why a broken dream can never fly?
Is there a reason
You believe and then you close your eyes?
Give me a reason
Why you hide away so much inside.
If there’s a reason,
I don’t know why.
 Is there a reason
Why a broken heart begins to cry?
Is there a reason
You were lost although you don’t know why?
Give me a reason
Why you never want to say goodbye.
If there’s a reason,
I don’t know why.
I don’t know why.
I don’t know why.
I don’t know why. (ENYA)


TO BE CONTINUED

No comments:

Post a Comment